Thursday, December 10, 2009

the Nobel day

Today is the 10th of December.
That means that the Nobel Peace Price will be awarded to Barack Obama in Oslo.
The real Nobel prices of Science, Literature, Chemistry and Economics will be awarded in Stockholm.
And it's my parents wedding anniversary.
They tied the knot 26 years ago on a freezing December day.
Today it's like 10 degrees outside; on their wedding it was several minus and lots of snow.
They planned on getting married in the summer of 1984, but then they found our house and bought it, and they couldn't afford two apartments and one house.
They wouldn't consider moving in together because they are born again Christians
and believe that sex belongs to marriage, and no, engagement doesn't count. I'm proud of them.

A winter wedding with lots of snow sounds so romantic <3 But in the evening when they arrived to their new house, their friends had shoveled a huge heap of snow in front of the door!

I finished at 1 o'clock today. I am going to my brothers community for dinner (they have an open invitation to dinner every Thursday eve) as usual, so I called my Mom to ask if she and Dad had any plans for the evening. Since Mom finish at 4 and Dad at 6 I thought that I could prepare some nice food for them so that they could relax after work.
-Hi Mom, do you have any special plans for tonight?
-Any plans? Well, we are not going to your brothers community tonight.
-Doh, I understood that - it's your wedding anniversary! I mean, are you going out, or staying home?
- Long silence
-Heeeello....?
-I had forgot...


She just asked me to defrost some moose meat so I decided to bake brownies and do a strawberry thing to go with that. She was very confused when she came home and she didn't realize that the brownies were for them until I left without taking them with me!
I told her, it's the age.

No comments:

Post a Comment